There are many resources online and in person to get started. The ones listed here have specific programs or focuses for new people coming into the scene..
- http://www.fetlife.com You knew this would be here. The largest social site for kinky people online.
- http://www.okcupid.com A dating site that does have a large number of poly and kinky members, note it is not exclusively kink centric.
Educational Groups With Regular Introductory Topics:
- http://www.br.org – Black Rose, DC area with weekly educational meetings
- http://www.tes.org – New York Based Educational group with regular meetings
- http://soj.org – Society of Janus, San Francisco organization focused on social and educational meetings
- http://www.bess-md.org/ – Baltimore based educational group with weekly meetings
Groups With Specific Introduction Classes:
- http://www.tes.org/novice/ – TES Novice group, regular meetings and outings for new people.
- BR Gateway/D101 – Monthly novice introduction meeting hosted by BR followed by an introduction the next night at The Crucible in DC
- http://soj.org/for-newbies – Society of Janus runs a series of events specifically for newbies.
Have a Resource We Don’t List?
Please use the Contact Us Form and send us a note with the information on that group. This is a living list and we will work on adding more content as we get it.